How to Buy Bharat 1 4G Volte Feature Phone (Price, Specification)
Micromax has launched its new 4G feature phone called Bharat 1 today. They have partnered with BSNL to present their first ever 4G VoLTE feature phone which is all set to give a tough competition to Reliance Jio’s Jio Phone. To make the competition even stronger, Micromax is giving unlimited data and unlimited calling offer in this phone – just like Jio’s phone. However, they have a tad bit of advantage over Jio’s phone and that is – you will be able to use any SIM card in this phone from any connection provider.
Features of the phone
Micromax is calling this phone “Desh ka 4G” and to prove that it has supported 22 different languages in the phone. You can also use a 2G or 3G SIM card on the second slot along with 4G on the main slot in this phone. Here are some more features you might want to know about –
- Design: It features a 2.4-inch body with VGA display with 320 x 240 pixels on screen. Also, it comes in black color only for now.
- RAM and internal memory: It features a 512 MB RAM and comes with 4 GB internal memory which is expandable with a microSD card.
- Battery: This phone has a 2000 mAh battery. Feature phones generally have a longer life span and 200 mAh is ample for a phone of this size and capacity.
- Camera: It is also going to have a 2MP rear camera along with a 0.3MP VGA camera on front. These specs are almost the same as Jio Phone.
- Processors: A 1.1 GHz Dual Core Qualcomm 205 processor powers it with Adreno 304 GPU. It is a standard range for a feature phone.
- Price & Availability: It may be priced at Rs. 2000 across India. It is going to launch on 20th October and it will be available all over the country from then.
- Bonus: It will give you access to 100 different live TV channels. You can watch your favorite TV shows on this phone with data connection.
- Pre-loaded apps: The BHIM UPI payments app and the BSNL e-wallet app will be the two apps that will come pre-loaded on this phone.
Recharge plans for Bharat-1
Rs. 97 plan: At Rs. 97 you can avail 5GB of high speed data connection – without any cap on daily consumption for 28 days. However, once the 5GB is exhausted, you will get internet at 80kbps speed.
This means that you can keep using the internet for free once the 5GB has been exhausted, but you will not get high speed connection. Instead, you will get free data at a lower speed then.
Also, the STD and local calls are for free – even when you are on roaming. This means that the cost of using this phone for the first year will be Rs. 3364 compared to Jio’s Rs. 3336. But for the next two years Jio is said to cost around Rs. 5178 whereas Bharat-1 would cost them around Rs. 4528.
Micromax Bharat-1 will face stiff competition from Jio Phone which already has nearly 6 million registrants. On the other hand Karbonn Mobile has also partnered with Bharti Airtel recently to bring a new feature phone in the market.