Jio Phone Operating System (KaiOS Mozilla Firefox) and Apps
Jio Phone has been the hottest topic in India since last few days. As soon as the Chairman, RIL, has launched the free Jio Phone on their 40th AGM on 21st July, the entire nation started speculating on the future of it. As per the features and price rules of the phone, it seems like a profitable venture for the company as well as the customers. In other words, having a Smartphone for free of cost is definitely a profitable deal for any user in the world.
Jio Phone is launched this week with a bunch of features and apps in it. Handsets will arrive sometimes in the month of September; however users can pre-book them in last week of August.
Jio Phone Operating System:
The biggest attraction of Free JioPhone is the 4G VoLTE feature that comes with the handset. Having 4G VoLTE network in such a cheap phone is something that no one ever expects from any telecommunication providers.
- The makers will use KaiOS to run the phone. It is a forking operating system of Mozilla Firefox. Also the sources reported that the handset will have default Play Store for the apps. KaiOS is an operating system that most of basic Smartphones use.
- As of now not many of the details have come out regarding the operating system JioPhone is using. However some of reports say Reliance Jio have the manufacturers based in India that will provide Apps and features based on HTML – 5.
Jio Phone Apps and Features
- According to the sources, the handset will have smart apps. Also it is reported that there will be a App Store in the handset from where users can download several apps on the device.
- It has been said that the company has invited many App developers to pitch their apps for the platform they are using in this device. Again there is no such confirmed report for the additional apps on the JioPhone as of now.
- Smart Apps and basic apps will be available in this device, though in-app purchase or payment methods through apps are not confirmed as of now. Sources are saying that no such reports have come out yet.
- Following the reports on the apps available on JioPhone, one can say that this phone will definitely bring the basic Apps that majority of the population use. Along with them PM Modi’s Mann Ki Baat App will also be available in the device.
- According to Gadget 360 news, the company is approaching game developers who can deliver gaming apps for the phone. They are targeting early 25 million users for a single gaming app on this device.
- JioPhone will have SOS feature inbuilt. By long pressing button 5, anyone can use the SOS feature. Also there will be NFC app with which payments can be made easily via phone.
Final Words – Verdict
No doubt the Free JioPhone will be a revolutionary move by the Reliance Jio in the Indian telecommunication industry. Two mobile handset manufacturing companies Intex and Foxconn are in collaboration with Jio to provide these handsets. Intex has already said that they are trying the devices on Jio’s KaiOS platform already.
Though no confirm reports have come yet, but it is said that KaiOS which is the fork OS of Firefox gets issues with device battery management. This can be an obstacle for the handset in future. On the other many a people will wish to enable or disable various services through IVR. However chargeable IVR facility can defame the demand for this device. The makers are trying to give as much as facilities / services to the people in cheaper rates. We can only hope for the best results. As of now the deal looks immensely profitable from both the supplier and consumer sides.