Jio Phone will not be supporting popular messaging app – Whatsapp
According to the latest updates it has been revealed that India’s Most popular telephone network provider Reliance Jio will not be offering its users with Whatsapp messaging services in its Free JioPhone. This also means that over 200 million whatsapp users may not be able to access their chat on Jio network.
Alternatives offered by Reliance Jio
- Reliance India Tech Department has already made it very much clear that the company shall be launching its version of 4G Phone handset – VoLTE.
- It is also certain that the new phone will offer customers with every type of services they can use on other phones.
Key features offered by 4G VoLTE ( for Jio Customers)
- The new phone to be launched yet will be loaded with different types of applications provided by Jio service providers that will be supported by VoLTE handsets.
- It is certain that users having 4G VoLTE and Jio connection will be able to log on to their Face Book account and access it.
- Customers may also be able to access their YouTube account from their handset and Jio connection.
- The technical department has also made it very clear that customers may not be able to access their Whatsapp account on Jio network as the 4G VoLTE phone does not support this feature.
Alternatives offered for Jio customers
- It has been announced by Mukesh Ambani (Chairman-Reliance group) that Jio mobile shall be offering with Jio chat services for its users on the handset.
- Jio users will be able to access unlimited internet services for 500 MB daily data for a price of RS 153 per month for high speed internet.
- With the launch of the new handset and Jio services it is certain that Reliance is aiming to target over 50 crore customers country wide.
It is certain that the Jio services will be offered on trial basis starting from 15th August 2017. Customers can get started with registration process for Jio services from 24th August 2017. Customers presently using Whatsapp features on Jio mobiles will have to get registered under the new scheme provided by the due date.