Reliance Jio Phone – FAQ: Everything you need to know
First of its kind make in India smart phone – Reliance Jio is a completely swadeshi phone. It is equipped with 4 G services along with VoLTE. Reliance Telecom is practically offering its service for a very affordable price range with refund facility. Here we are providing with complete FAQ section for customers.
Key Features of Jio services
- Jio phone services are presently available via Firefox Operating system powered by KAI OS.
- Customers have to make a deposit of Rs 1500 to pre-book the services that will be refundable within 3 years time period.
- The key pad is also provided with LED backlit feature that is swift and smooth to operate.
1 Display screen size for Reliance Jio handset?
- The handset is equipped with TFT type QVGA display that is 2.4 inch wide, making it easier to view for the customers.
2 Can customers use Whatsapp services on Jio Phone?
- Presently customers may not be able to use Whatsapp services on the 4G handset but there are chances that on later stages they will be offered with new version for Jio phones for Whatsapp users.
3 Can customers use any SIM services on Jio phone?
Customers can insert SIM card that is powered by JIO only so it is certain that Jio phones will provide with only Jio services. You can also insert SD card (Micro type) for external storage. The phone is equipped with 4GB internal storage facility.
4 Does Jio phone offer with Hot spot usage facility?
The phone offers users with WiFi services and presently Hot spot features are not present.
5 Can customers insert Old Jio phone SIM in the handset?
Customers can insert any Jio SIM in the new handset. So it is certain that if you are already a registered user then you can continue using the same SIM on the new handset.
6 What offers do you get under Rs 153 plan offer?
When purchasing Rs 153 monthly plan you shall be provided with video calls and unlimited voice calls facility accompanied by 500 MB data usage on daily basis. Customers can also pay Rs 309 monthly for 1 GB data every day.
7 How often do you need to recharge Jio services?
TRAI has already made it very clear that customers will have to recharge the Jio services once every 90 days to keep it active.
8 What type of image display does the new handset offer?
The handset is equipped with rear and frontal camera (2 and 0.3 Mega Pixel quality), so it is certain that you may have to compromise on the image quality.
9 What apps are compatible with new Jio phone?
It is certain that Reliance Jio is offering with its inbuilt app services including Jio apps and Narendra Modi’s apps.
10 Is the Jio phone compatible for Dual SIM usage?
- Presently the handset is offering with only single SIM services for Jio that can be used in its single slot.
11 Can users make use of Blue tooth connectivity?
- The fact is that Jio handset also offers customers with improved Blue tooth connectivity services.
12 Can customers use GPS connectivity services on the handset?
- Reliance Jio customers may not be able to get connected via GPS services presently.
13 What type of voice assistance services does the Jio phone offer?
- The new voice assistance service offered by Jio is developed by Reliance Telecom industry.
14 What does Reliance cable and TV dongle mean?
- These are special types of apps and additional accessories that are offered by Reliance such that customers can watch TV channels by connecting the Jio phone to the television sets. You have to use the reliance cable to connect the handset to the TV and customers can make use of this service for Rs 309 monthly pack.
Under this plan you will be able to view TV for over 4 hours on daily basis for a period of one month. You can connect the phone to any TV set (mono chrome and multi chrome type).
15 What processor does Jio phone make use of?
- The Jio phone is equipped by dual core processor (1.2 GHz – QC8905 / A9820) SPRD with 4 GB internal memory and 512 RAM inbuilt.
16 What is Reliance Jio SOS service?
- This is a new service that customers can use to send SOS message to pre-selected number at the time of emergency. You just need to press number 5 and an SMS will be sent on that number providing with your exact location.
These were a few FAQs provided by us for Jio phone services.